Sunday, May 4, 2014

Reflection

The Project

The biggest struggle we faced during the project was trying to film outdoors.  The sun and the wind were two huge factors we had to account for during the filming process. However, I was still very proud of the final product.  My favorite part is the ending when the music begins to play and there is a montage of B-roll. The only aspect I wish we could have changed is the quality of the footage.  But considering how limited we were on resources, phone cameras had to do. 
I was responsible for scheduling.  I was constantly in contact with people at the horse park to schedule interviews, filming dates, etc.  I also had to be sure that I shared this information with the entire group to schedule meetings.  Although each group member had a specific role in the project, I think we all evenly contributed to every aspect of the documentary.  I helped maintain this balance by keeping consistent communication between group members to involve everyone in each step of the process.  Also, I made sure that everyone's voice was heard when a final decision was made.

The Class

I feel that I did use critical thinking during this class; specifically through the blogs and class discussions.  I enjoyed thinking on the questions raised in class after a reading.  The blogs followed by a discussion was a great setup using different kinds of communication.  It was interesting how my opinion formed while writing the blog changed sometimes after listening to other classmates thoughts during discussion. 
The overall number of blogs and assignments were spaced out well throughout the semester.  I did not feel overwhelmed with work in this class which is certainly a good thing.  I also liked how the homework was not just busy work.  The blogs were backed by a class discussion so I did not feel that my time was ever wasted. 
I wish I had some constructive criticism for you, but I thoroughly enjoyed the class.  I can't think of anything I would change.

No comments:

Post a Comment